Friday, March 30, 2012

.....and the envelope please!

An envelope arrived which should have had that voice over Oscar kind of thing. It looked important as it came via Canterbury Museum (they have neat stationery) so I carried it in with all due pomp and circumstance! Nice idea but in reality I got it from the letterbox as I drove out, chucked it on the passenger seat and went about my day. For all of 10 minutes!
I stopped, I opened it and there they were.....all from Freeville School. I didn't count, I just read one after the other...I cried....why were they thanking me?
Because, I got to meet that bunch of great kids....they were in their classrooms when the devastation struck....I took your hearts there.....and it was there 300+ of your real hearts (and your stitched hearts) arrived home.
Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment