Friday, September 2, 2011

There's nothing ....

.... like a 4.9 earthquake/aftershock at 3.30am to remind me just how fragile this beautiful city is.
Yesterday was a great flight to Christchurch, the Southern Alps looking totally magnificent.
They paled in comparrison to the amazing way the hearts have been displayed. I walked in and literally it took my breath away. No photographs will do the display total justice.
The hearts are grouped in colours, like a wave going around the room. I half expected to walk in the second time and find they had all changed position!
I will get professional pictures of the display but up until now my little Sanyo point and shoot has served me well .... so here we go....

 

2 comments:

  1. I feel really excited as though I am walking in right along with you.
    It must send a very powerful message to the residents of the city of Christchurch to know that women across the world are sending a little bit of love to them.
    I can't wait to 'walk' around the exhibition with you.
    With thanks to you, Evie, and your team to getting this event to happen. *hugs*
    Sheila,
    Gwynedd, Wales, U.K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unbelievable, the power of love is very powerful indeed. Thanks to one quilting lady something beautiful has happened in Christchurch. Thanks so much for caring and sharing. Hours and hours of your life has made this happen. Kind regards Glenda

    ReplyDelete