Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Home

I am back in Napier ...awaiting me was a box of gorgeous hearts! They are from the UK and are delicious. I haven't unpacked my suitcase to find my camera! You know I like leaving you in suspense!

The two wonderful heart quilts have new homes. The one with the green floral border has gone to the Orthopaedic Rehabilitation Unit at Burwood Hospital, Christchurch. This has been temporarily shifted into the Orthopaedic Surgical unit while earthquake damage to their 'proper' place is being fixed. I was also able to leave 60 hearts for the patients and staff.
Quilt 2 (with purple pansy border) is now in Ranui House. This is a facility by Christchurch Hospital where families and/or patients can stay while undergoing treatment at the hospital ... a home away from home for them.
I was introducing myself and about to unfold the quilt when the lady I was speaking to, picked up her cellphone and showed me a photo.... the very quilt I was about to hand to her. Yet another amazing moment in the hearts journey.

1 comment:

  1. Seems like the quilt that went to Ranui House had already chosen it's destination :).

    ReplyDelete